Who we are
The Nate O'Brien brand connects consumers and brands across a wide range of industries such as personal finance, investing, and credit services.
Our website address is: http://nateobrien.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- We may disclose your information in connection with providing the Services and the operation of our business. For example, we may share personal information, such as name, email, address, phone number and other identifying information, with nonaffiliated third-party service providers to verify your identity in connection with your use of certain aspects of the services.
- We may share information collected directly from you with nonaffiliated third-party lending partners or third-party service providers in connection with your use of specific aspects of the services.
- We may share automatically collected information such as IP address as well as de-identified information with nonaffiliated third-party lending partners when you leave our site (for example, from a rate table or review) to go to a third-party lender site to request information or apply for financial products.
- We may share your information with third-party service providers to support our internal and business operations. In such cases, service providers may use the information only as necessary to provide the services to us and are contractually required to keep your information confidential and secure. For example:
- For website, application development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, and other services for us.
- For internal marketing, delivery of emails, including promotional, marketing and transactional materials, delivery of other promotional materials, including via postal mailers, SMS and text messaging, and online and social media promotions and advertising.
- For fraud prevention and security purposes.
- When you choose to share your own information on a publicly accessible area of the Site, such as a public profile page or any section where you can publicly submit questions to us or our third-party partners, that information will be available to anyone who is able to access that content, including other Site users. Additionally, questions you submit and answers provided by third parties may be posted on our Site and viewable by other users and the public.
- We may share deidentified and/or aggregate analytics with third-party partners about how users interact with our Services, including usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- If you submit a request through our Services, a third-party service provider may directly contact you with quotes or information via telephone, fax, and/or email. You may also receive telemarketing calls as a result of submitting the request, even if you are on the National Do Not Call Registry or any other similar registry.
- You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.